Saturday, January 31, 2009

CPSIA postpones ruling on new lead testing for 1 year


Well let me just tell you how relieved I am to hear this morning that the goverment has postponed passing the new lead testing law for children's products for 1 year. They want to further investigate and modify the law so that it protects our children but does not kill our small businesses while doing so.... Woohoo!!!! I just can't tell you how relieved I feel right now! Of course, there's still no telling what we will face a year from now, but it alteast gives me the freedom to continue making and selling my skirts (and burp cloth sets) for 12 more months... and that makes my heart smile!!! :) Temporary victory!!!! I'm posting another favorite picture of my daughter that is a good representation of how I feel right now!! If you are part of this small business group that designs/manufactures/sells childrens clothing and/or accessories, and you would like to help make sure this new law gets modified as it should be, you can follow this link to sign the petition yourself http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/economicimpactsofCPSIA/index.html Every signature helps!


And please continue to say a few prayers for those in Kentucky that still have no power from the ice storm... they are going on 6 days now without power... pray that everyone stays safe and warm.... much of my husband's family live in Paducah, KY... some of them have fled to Clarkesville and Murfreesboro until power is back up and running, but some are still there trying to tough it out with the help of generators.


Have a great weekend everyone!! The sun is shining bright here this morning... so between the new news this morning and some warm sunlight coming through my windows, today is starting out to be a beautiful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment