Saturday, April 17, 2010

Keeping Faith... Proverbs 3:5-6


So my regularity in posting on my blog has not exactly been great lately... my sincere apologies for that (for those few actually checking). We've continued to battle the mysteries of Alex's health right now and it just seems a little depressing to post the same struggles day in and day out. So! I told myself I could not post again until I had something uplifting to share. So, first, I post Alex's beautiful smile... that, in itself, is uplifting. Second, I have a little scripture to share... now, keep in mind, I was raised Catholic (Episcopalian now) but I wasnt exactly raised well versed in scripture... but desperate times call for desperate measures, so Ive really tried to start doing what I need to do to try and strengthen my faith and hand things over... for myself... and for my daughter. I feel a little like I keep trying to walk into a revolving door and cant quite get the timing right so it keeps smacking me in the head making me fall backwards a bit, then I just keep doing it over and over and over again. I feel like Im missing something that has been layed right in front of me... so Im trying really, really hard to take long, deep breathes every day and keep my eyes and my heart wide open. So for those that might be going through their own struggles right now, this brought me some comfort, and hope it does for you too....
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Much love, strength and comfort to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment